Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting (SECR)
How we help
We can ensure you are compliant with the new Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting (SECR) regulations.
Swan Energy is a safe pair of hands and people trust us to do things right. We specialise in helping UK businesses comply with the raft of mandatory and voluntary energy legislation. We shield organisations from the complexities of compliance, and we get the job done.
What is SECR?
Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting was introduced in April 2019 as a replacement for the Carbon Reporting Commitment (CRC) and Mandatory Greenhouse Gas Reporting (MGHG) schemes. Its purpose is to help businesses quantify and report on their overall environmental impact, as well as to highlight any energy efficient actions implemented over the financial year that target reducing energy usage and carbon emissions.
Who it applies to:
It applies to quoted companies of any size, 'large' unquoted companies, and 'large' limited liability partnerships (LLPs). The criteria for 'large' is if your organisations meet at least two out of the three criteria:
- Turnover £36 million or more
- Balance sheet total £18 million or more
- 250 or more employees
Our service includes:
- Management of SECR requirements on behalf of your organisation.
- Data collection and collation; including calculation of annual emissions.
- Internal auditing service to ensure data is accurate for sign-off by the board.
- Annual reporting for inclusion in audited accounts, for sign-off by your Board of Directors and submission to Companies House.
- Liaising with your accountant and auditing body as required.
- Provision of ad-hoc advice on all SECR related issues.
If you are not 100% sure you know what you are doing when it comes to the Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting legislation, we are here to help. Please call us on 01484 843867 and we will take it from there.