In this edition:
- Number of households switching energy suppliers reaches highest level for five years.
- EU General Court rules UK capacity market mechanism should be investigated over state-aid regulation breach.
- Cost of investing in new renewable generation now lower than running costs of coal fired plants.
- UK government announces £16/tonne carbon emissions tax if the UK drops out of EU ETS.
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) report warns current emissions trends will lead to missing temperature increase limits.
And our valuable forecasts.Click here to view this Energy Briefing or download the PDF.